Operation Procedures | Parks and Rec Home Page
Rental Information | Swimming Pool
2013 Summer Activity Guide | Bridgeport Walks
New Recreation Complex | Benedum Festival
Check us out on Facebook
Parks and Rec Summer Job application
ANNUAL EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
The Bridgeport Parks and Recreation Department offers year round Recreation Programs and Special Events at the Benedum Civic Center.
CIVIC CENTER CLASSES
Some of the classes offered to the public include Aerobics, Karate, Music, Art, Dancing, Pilates and Crafts. Many other classes are offered periodically.
Some of the Special Events offered by the Department include the annual Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, and the Christmas Parade. Sporting Events held annually include Volleyball, Basketball, and Soccer Camps; Basketball Leagues, Tennis Lessons and Clinics, and Basketball, Tennis, and Volleyball Tournaments.
SUMMER POOL PROGRAMS
The Bridgeport Pool, located adjacent to the Civic Center, is a public pool which offers swimming and pool programs to area residents. Season passes are available to both Bridgeport residents and non-residents. Along with swimming, the Bridgeport Pool offers Swimming Lessons, Pool Party’s, and Aqua Aerobics. The Parks and Recreation Department also sponsors the Bridgeport "Wildcatters" Swim Team and Scuba lessons at the Bridgeport Pool.
1. All programs registration is taken on a FIRST PAID, FIRST SERVED BASIS ONLY. We reserve the right to cancel any class due to insufficient registration.
2. Participants must register and pay for ALL classes in a session; except students in Aerobics, Karate, and Tots Play who may register and pay for half of the session prior to the first class and attend one consistent day throughout the session. No pro-rating is permitted for work, sports, or vacations.
3. Pro-rating is permissible for "NEW" students who sign up after a class is already started.
4. Make checks payable to CITY OF BRIDGEPORT.
5. No refunds will be given without the approval from the Director due to extenuating circumstances.
A $5 administrative fee will be assessed to all refunds.
|© Bridgeport, WV 2009. Site hosted by Citynet.|