Consists of three members.
Members must be residents of City; no more than 2/3 shall be from same political party; no member shall hold any office or employment under the USA, State, County, or political subdivisions, or any political party.
Terms are for three years.
Authority & Powers:
(1) Sue and be sued;
(2) Contract and be contracted with;
(3) Adopt, use and alter a common seal;
(4) Make and adopt all necessary, appropriate and lawful bylaws & rules & regulations pertaining to its affairs;
(5) elect officers, appoint such committees and agents as may be necessary;
(6) Acquire, purchase, own and hold any property, real or personal and acquire, construct, equip, maintain and operate public buildings, structures, projects and appurtenant facilities for which the governmental body is permitted by law to expend public funds;
(7) Apply for, receive, and use grants-in-aid, donations and contributions and accept and use bequests, devises, gifts and donations from any source;
(8) Sell, encumber or dispose of any property, real or personal;
(9) Issue negotiable bonds, notes, debentures or other evidences of indebtedness and provide for the rights of the holders thereof, incur any proper indebtedness and issue any obligations and give any security therefore which it may deem necessary or advisable in connection with exercising powers;
(10) Raise funds by the issuance and sale of revenue bonds;
(11) Exercise power of eminent domain;
(12) Lease its property;
(13) Do all things reasonable and necessary to carry out the foregoing powers.
The Building Commission shall not undertake any project without the prior written approval of Council.
Meets when necessary
Contact: Andrea Kerr
606 Kembery Drive
Term expires: 6/13/21
75 Garden Circle
Term expires: 5/11/18
Jo Ellen Crowley - Chairperson
93 Carriage Lane
Term expires: 5/18/18