Consists of twelve members. These members include the Economic Development Committee (EDC) and six other members appointed by City Council. Members shall include representatives of business, industry, and labor.
See WV Code Article 12, Chapter 7 for qualifications.
Terms are for three years.
Duties, Power & Authority:
(1) Elect its own officers; make and adopt rules & regulations;
(2) Enter into contracts and do anything for the purpose of promoting, developing and advancing business, prosperity, and economic welfare of the City;
(3) Amend or supplement contracts or leases;
(4) Operate, maintain buildings and structures, delegate any authority given to it by law to any of its officers, committees, agents or employees;
(5) Apply for, receive and use grants-in-aid, donations, contributions; acquire and dispose of property;
(6) Raise funds for issuance of revenue bonds
Meets first Monday of each month when necessary (7:00pm)
Contact: Andrea Kerr
1235 Briercliff Road
Term Expires July 10, 2017 - council term
Okey J. Bowers, Jr.
162 Ridgeway Drive
Appointed September 8, 2013; Expires January 1, 2017
50 Maple Lake
Appointed September 8, 2003; Expires January 1, 2017
Jeffrey L. Barger
118 Ventura Drive
Appointed October 13, 2014; Expires October 13, 2017
126 Sherwood Road
Appointed October 12, 2015; Expires October 12, 2018
3002 Dogwood Road
Appointed September 26, 2011; Expires October 1, 2018
808 Stout Street
Appointed September 8, 2003; Expires October 01, 2018
424 Lawman Ave.
Appointed February 27, 2017; Expires February 27, 2020